Read More: What is Node js? | A Detailed Guide to Know
Now, let’s talk about NodeJS frameworks. NodeJS frameworks are based on the MVC architecture, a design pattern that splits the application logic into three layers:- model, view, and controller. The model layer is used to define the data pattern, the View layer is used for the user interface, and the controller layer is used as a bridge between two layers for communication.
What is Nodejs used for?
Nodejs can be used as the same language on both the client-side and server-side. You can use the Nodejs for the development of web applications and mobile applications.
Is Nodejs a programming language?
Benefits of using the NodeJS frameworks:
As we all know, NodeJS is an open-source platform built on the Chrome V8 runtime environment. NodeJS can be used as a single language on both the server-side and client-side for web application development. Other than this, NodeJS frameworks can be beneficial as:
- Open-source Platform
- Highly Scalable Environment
- Easy to Learn
- Used as a single language on the server-side as well as on client-side
- High Performance
- Large Community Support
- Vast Range of Libraries
- Non-Blocking I/O System
- Highly Extensible
Most Popular NodeJS Frameworks for Developers
While choosing the best NodeJS frameworks, one should consider a few things like scalability and flexibility of the selected NodeJS frameworks. More interestingly, almost every NodeJS web framework provides high-end performance due to the excellent architecture. Here are some of the most popular NodeJS web frameworks that are recommended for the developers:
Express.js is also known as Express. Express.js is a popular, fast, and flexible MVC NodeJS framework that combines a vast number of features for the web and mobile application development. Express.js is the most chosen NodeJS framework among all other NodeJS frameworks.
Features of Express.js:
- Express.js offers the development of single and multi-page applications, along with several web applications.
- Express.js is based on MVC architecture.
- Express.js is entirely a set of routing libraries. These libraries perform a variety of web actions based on HTTP methods.
- Express.js has large community support.
- Express.js is easy to learn the framework.
Meteor.js is a relatively simple full stack NodeJS framework for creating the mobile as well as web applications. Meteor.js is an ideal framework with web iOS, Android, and Desktop. Meteor.js gives real-time updates, easy to understand for the developers, and organized documentation. Meteor.js allows you to execute code on the frontend as well as backend without having the code rewriting.
Features of Meteor.js:
- Meteor.js Framework is used for hybrid application development.
- Meteor.js has a highly extensible with a range of plugins.
- Meteor.js allows you to use a single code base to develop desktops apps, web apps, and mobile apps.
- Meteor.js provides for easy integration with other frameworks.
- Meteor.js have a large range of pre-written modules.
- Meteor.js is an excellent option for accounts and user authentication.
Hapi.js is a powerful and robust open-source framework for developing JSON API. It is one of the most preferred frameworks among all the Nodejs frameworks. Hapi.js is used to develop the applications and technology solutions by several large scale websites like PayPal, Disney. What’s more, Hapi.js is a secure and robust open-source framework for web applications.
Features of Hapi.js:
- Hapi.js Framework provides a rich and excellent ecosystem.
- Hapi.js Framework is high compatible with MySQL, MongoDB, and other databases.
- Hapi.js is a friendly framework with REST APIs and HTTPS proxy apps.
- Hapi.js allows default caching, authentication, and input validation.
- Hapi.js offers the code reusability features.
- Hapi.js is one of the most secure NodeJS frameworks.
Koa.js is a lightweight and compelling middleware framework. Koa.js is used for client-side web application development. The features provided by the Koa.js helps the developers to speed up the process of web application development. Another benefit of Koa.js is that it is quite similar to Express.js, even developed the same team of Express.js.
Features of Koa.js:
- Koa.js provides a good experience through the use of a lightweight framework.
- Koa.js handles the errors and bugs exceptionally.
- Koa.js Framework cleans the cache, supports proxy, and content negotiation.
- Koa.js Framework is highly customizable.
- Koa.js framework helps the developers to develop the applications from scratch.
- Koa.js has a cascading middleware.
The developer, Mike McNeil, develop the Sails.js Framework, was released in 2012. The Sails.js is a web-based framework that allows the developers to build the enterprise-ready application. Sails.js offers stability and several out of the box features to the developers for the application development. Sails works on data-oriented MVC architecture.
Features of Sails.js:
- Sails.js provides the auto-generate Rest APIs.
- Sails.js allows the interaction with any kind of the database due to the presence of the ORM(Object Relational Mapping) solutions.
- Sails.js handles the HTTP request, which improves the performance and quality of the applications.
- Sails.js is highly compatible with the frontend frameworks.
- Sails.js allows the reusable security polices.
Features of Nest.js
- Nest.js is a highly extensible framework due to the modular architecture, making it flexible for app development.
- Nest.js offers highly reliable due to the use of TypeScript.
- Nest.js allows the integration of out of the box features with the use of the CLI tool.
- Nest.js Framework is highly compatible with the Angular Framework on the frontend.
- Nest.js provides an extensive list of easy to use libraries.
No doubt all NodeJS frameworks are useful for the developers, but Total.js Framework is the only NodeJS Framework that provides the CMS like experience. Total.js is a highly extensible and asynchronous frameworks that offer stability and reliability. Total.js is considered a complete framework due to the availability of the variety of features’ availability. Best framework for the development of the IoT based applications, including the web and desktop applications.
Features of Total.js:
- Total.js framework is highly compatible with almost all the databases ranging from MySQL to PostgreSQL with several frontend systems- Angular, Ember, and React.
- Total.js frameworks provide the feature of real-time tracking.
- Total.js offers quick application development with low maintenance costs.
- Total.js offers modular architecture.
- Total.js framework provides some exclusive features like image processing tools, simple mail transfer protocols,etc.
If you are thinking about developing an application with the NodeJS framework, it’s absolutely a great idea. You can go for it—all you need to select the viable NodeJS web framework based on your application’s features. I hope you enjoy this article, and it would help you to choose the best NodeJs framework for application development. If you are looking for the Nodejs development services, then hire the Nodejs development company‘s expert developers, Tekki Web Solutions Pvt. Ltd.