When it comes to mobile app development, native app development was considered the gold standard for such a long time. But with the arrival of cross-platform tools and technologies like React Native, it has changed the scenario of mobile app development completely. The battle of the react native and native app development is fired since the day, the presence of both the android and iOS applications has become the need of the hour.
Undoubtedly, native and non-native technologies have a lot to give to the developers. Native and Non-native application development is equally preferred by developers and users. While most of the developers using native app development, others are getting the benefit of the applications developed with non-native tools and technologies like React Native. If you are the one who is confused about these two mobile app development, then this article is for you. You will get to know which platform is the right one for your mobile app development.
Need for the Mobile App Development
As per the research conducted by the Statista website in June 2020, there were 2.96 million apps published on the Google Play Store, while nearly 4.4 million apps were published on Apple Store. Such a huge figure, Right! These statistics illustrate that how big is the number and demand for mobile applications for both the platforms whether it is an Android or iOs. Check out the trends of React Native and Native App Development on the Google Trends in USA.
Before digging deeper into the ocean of native and non-native app development, let’s know what exactly means it?
What is Native and Non-Native App Development?
Native App Development refers to the process of using the dedicated programming language to develop an application for a particular platform – such as iOs or Android. For instance, to develop native iOs application development, developers usually use the programming languages like Objective-C or Swift and for android app development, developers prefer to use Java and Kotlin programming languages.
Non-native App Development means when developers use a single tool or programming language for the development of cross-platform applications. For instance, developers can use hybrid frameworks like React Native for cross-platform app development.
What is React Native?
React Native is a popular and open-source cross-platform app development or hybrid framework which is used for the development of cross-platform applications. The applications developed using the react native framework can run on both the platforms – iOs and Android. React Native was initially released by Facebook in 2015. With the growing popularity of React Native, it is used by giant companies like Facebook, Instagram, Tesla, Airbnb, Walmart, etc.
Read More: Top 10 Most Popular React Native Apps
Pros of React Native
Here are some of the reasons or benefits that force the developers or users to invest in the react native app development:
- React Native offers the use of a single codebase to run the applications on both platforms.
- React Native is an open-source platform, it means you can download it and develop the applications without paying any penny.
- Developers can save up to 40% of their time with the use of React Native as compared to the Native app development.
- React Native provides the option of hot reloading, it means developers can check the results immediately after making changes to the code.
Cons of React Native
Here are some of the reasons or cons why shouldn’t you invest in the react native app development services:
- React Native offers inadequate native elements, so you need to add the native features with the use of third-party libraries.
- React Native has limited third-party libraries which are possible when the incorporation is made in native modules.
- React Native provides fewer security features as compared to the native app development.
Pros of Native App Development
- Native mobile apps are built and optimized for particular platforms, so these apps are fast and responsive.
- Native mobile apps have large community support since both platforms have a huge number of developers.
- Native mobile apps have better integration with hardware functionalities.
Cons of Native App Development
- Native mobile app development requires different codebases which means you need to hire different developers for different platforms.
- Native mobile apps development has a longer development time and cost.
React Native vs Native App Development: Factors to consider while choosing the best for your application
Development time is the primary point to make your choice in the react native and native app development. Native mobile apps take much development times as compared to the react native apps. Since the developers need to code for the different platforms separately. Whereas, in React Native, you just need a single codebase to run the application on different platforms. The feature of hot reloading in react native reduces the development time of an application. Thus, if you want your business presence on both the platforms in less development time and cost, then React Native is the right option for you.
Another factor that can change your decision for the react native or native mobile apps is the UX/UI experience. Although React Native allows the developers to reuse the code and write platform-specific code separately, it is a quite challenging task for the developers to create complex user interfaces like custom views, navigation patterns, etc. Therefore, native mobile apps provide a better UX/UI experience as compared to react native mobile apps.
While comparing the scalability of the react native and native mobile apps, the React Native provides wider opportunities to the developers for processing a higher amount of work. So, in the case of the scalability features, React Native mobile apps are the perfect choice for you.
Whereas, Native programming languages such as Android and iOs, Kotlin, Java, and Swift are object-oriented programming languages. Moreover, these languages are easy to learn and good documentation. Therefore, here is the winner is the native app development.
When to choose the React Native App Development?
If you are still in the dilemma to choose the right one platform or tool for the mobile app development, then here are some of the points that will consider the situation when you need the react native app development.
- When you are going to develop a simple application.
- When you have a lower budget for the mobile app development for both the platforms.
- When you want to develop social media apps like Facebook or Instagram.
- When you are going to develop an eCommerce application for your business.
When to choose the Native App Development?
The following are some of the situations when you need to choose the native app development for your business applications.
- When you want a complex application for your business.
- When you need regular updates in your business mobile application.
- When you want to provide a better user experience to your customers.
- When you need IoT based application for your business.
The choice for the react native and native app development entirely relies on your business application what kind of application you want. But before choosing the ideal technology for your business mobile application, you should consider the points like scalability, performance, development time, and expenses, etc. Native mobile apps are highly recommended when you want to provide your customers with superior performance and a better user experience. However, if you want to develop your mobile application for both the platforms in a short span of time and in fewer expenses. Then, React Native is the right choice for you.
If you want to get the react native development services or native app development services, then hire a mobile app developer of a reputed company, Tekki Web Solutions Pvt. Ltd.