Undoubtedly, web development is one of the exploding topics in the developer’s world. The web development world’s expansion is categorized into two terms: front end development and back end development. Both the front end developer vs back end developer are equally responsible for successful web development. You cannot differentiate between front end developers and back end developers by knowing a little about web development. Before you hire one of them, all you need is to understand the demand for your project. Today, we will clear all your concerns related to front end developer vs back end developer with this article. Let’s begin with it.
Wait… Before knowing the working of front end and back end developers, let’s first look at how the website works in actual. Taking an example of any shopping website, say Amazon. On this website, you can use the search bar, open product pages, buys products, etc. You can perform every action without any trouble. Right?
Sounds Simple? But, in actual, it is not. It is more complicated than it looks. The front end developer develops everything you can see or click on this website. But.. You can not perform any action without the help of backend developers. Whether you buy or search for any product on this website, all these actions are implemented by the back end developers. You can not develop any working website without the help of the front end or back end developers. I think now you have a little idea about the front end developer vs back end developer. Let’s dive deeper into it.
Table of Contents
Front end Developer vs Back end Developer
Before understanding the developers’ working, let’s look at the front end development and back end development with examples:
Front end Developer vs Back end Developer: Development Process
– Front end Development
The website’s front end development involves the coding and development of the client-side, which means the website’s user interface. The client-side of the website or application means everything a user can see on their screens. The front end components comprise images, buttons, styles, text, menus, etc.
Some of the popular front end development tools are:
- User-Interface Frameworks: React and Vue
- Web Frameworks: Gatsby
- IDEs: Web Storm and Babel
- Bundlers: Webpack and Rollup
– Back end Development
Back end development also refers to server-side development. Back end development is about developing the website’s back end or applications; it includes database development, coding, servers, etc. Users can’t interact with the back end directly. The back end development is entirely responsible for the website or application functionality.
Some of the popular back end development tools are:
- Cloud Servers: AWS E2
- Serverless Services: AWS Lamba
- NoSQL Databases: MongoDB
- Languages: Python or Nodejs
- Serverless Frameworks
Have a look at the difference in the front end development and back end development.
|Front end Development||Back end Development|
|It includes UI and website responsiveness.||It includes coding, databases, and web servers.|
|Client-side of the Website.||Server-side of the Website.|
|Gathers user input.||Processes user input.|
|Responsible for SEO.||Responsible for security backup.|
Front end Developer vs Back end Developer: Working
Before starting with any web or application development project, the TWS team plan out the complete process. Our expert team first research the project industry and work accordingly. After setting everything, we start to work on the front end of the application. Once the front end is done, we make the websites and applications actionable with back end development services. Let’s discuss the working of front end developer vs back end developer:
What does front end developer do?
– Working of Front end Developer
- Interaction with UX designer – The front end process initializes with the front end developer’s discussion with the UX designer. Even front end developer interacts with UX designer at every step of the front end development process.
- Architecture Designing – Before starting with the designing phase, the front end developer decides or prepares the website’s whole architecture, which will help him design the website or application with ease.
- CSS File Structure and Organization – The CSS process of the front end part consists of the file organization, file structure, class naming, etc.
- Setting Build Tools – To develop the external modules, developers use bundlers like WebPack, Roll Up, etc.
- Web front Development – Once the build tool’s setup is done, front end developers’ next job is to focus on web front development.
- Icon Development – Front end developers, are also responsible for developing the icons they will use on the website or application.
- Other Setups – As front end developers are answerable for the designing part of the website; therefore, they also make minor changes like setting font size, line height, colors, etc.
What does back end developer do?
– Working of Back end Developers
- Server-side Programming – Back end developers start their duty with the server-side coding to make the website UI actionable.
- Database Coding – The back end developers also do the database part; they code for the database’s interaction with the frontend components.
- Security Features – Back end developers are responsible for the server-side and database coding and implement the security features in the websites and applications.
- Code Optimization – Once the coding and security part is done, back end developers optimize the website as per the traffic and search engine optimization.
Front end Developer vs Back end Development: Programming Languages
Both the front end and back end development parts need the programming languages for the website’s better functionality. This section will discuss the programming languages used by the front end developer vs back end developer.
– Front end Programming Languages
– Back end Programming Languages
The back end programming languages that render on the server-side of a website or application. Here are some of the famous back end programming languages: PHP, Python, Ruby, Python, Node.js, and Java. All the back end developers needn’t be proficient in all the programming languages. But, they have some knowledge of these programming languages. Back end developers work with databases like MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server.
Front end Developer vs Back end Developer: Skill Sets
– Front end Developer’s Skills
No doubt, now you are aware that front end developers play with the website’s user interface and appearance and applications. So the skill sets of the front end developers include design tools like Photoshop, Figma, and Sketch. Front end developers also manage the web hosting and domain settings of the websites.
– Back end Developer’s Skills
The back end developers should have analytical and logical thinkings for the back end coding. Back end developers are responsible for the database management, website security, traffic management, flawless functionality, etc.
Front end Developer vs Back end Developer: Frameworks Used
For the better and advanced level of web development services, both the front end developer vs back end developer has several options of front end and back end frameworks to use in web development. Here are some of these:
– Frameworks used by the Front end Developers
The front end developers use numerous frameworks and tools for better front end development services. Some of the popular front end frameworks are:
– Frameworks used by the Back end Developers
Back end developers also use some frameworks and tools for superior back end development services. Here are some of the back end frameworks are:
- Spring Boot
- Ruby on Rails
Front end Developer vs Back end Developer: Cost of Hiring
The hiring cost of both the front end developer vs back end developer relies on several factors like:
- Type of developer – freelancer, contractor, part-time, or full-time.
- Developer’s specialty – programming languages, tools knowledge.
- Developer’s experience – fresher or experienced.
- Working time – full-time or part-time developer.
- Knowledge – specialist or unfamiliar.
These factors decide the cost of hiring a front end or back end developer; the rest depends on your project’s requirements and demand.
Front end Developer vs Back end Developer: Overall
By reading this article, I think you now know that front end developers build how the website will look? And back end developer makes how the website will work?. The selection in front end developer vs back end developer depends on your project’s requirements. If you need a beautiful user-interface for your website, then hire front end developer; otherwise, you can hire back end developer.
If you still have some doubts about the front end developer vs back end developer or want the front end and back end development services, then hire web developer of company, Tekki Web Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Contact us now!!!